Wednesday, November 12, 2014

We are having a baby... TOMORROW!

Well, tomorrow is the big day. We are getting induced! Time has gone by so fast and I cannot believe that tomorrow I will be holding our little girl. Hopefully tomorrow... Our induction is bright and early, but I know they can take a long time, so crossing my fingers that we have her on Thursday! :)

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks, full term. They have decided it would be best to induce me because this whole last trimester my blood pressure has been spiking randomly, and it is not safe for me or the baby. We are waiting until the day I become full term so that the baby is healthy. When we found out that we were going to be induced this early, we both kind of went into shock. I had a feeling most of this pregnancy that I would go early, but I was thinking like a week or so, not THREE whole weeks. But of course, whatever the Doctor thinks is best for me and the baby, we will do.
So they had been watching my blood pressure for the last several weeks just to make sure it was staying consistent. When it first started to elevate the doctor told me that the only way to make it better is to induce early. That was weeks ago and we didn't even think too much about it. Then last Tuesday I was at work and I started feeling really hot and shaky. I could tell that my heart was racing and then the room kind of started looking dark in some spots. I had them check my vitals at work and they were extremely high. My blood pressure was 168/105 and my pulse was 130. So I called the doctor and they had me come in right away. Chris came and picked me up and in we went. When we got there my blood pressure was a little bit lower, but still really high, 158/98. They hooked me up to a non stress test to monitor the baby and to make sure she was doing fine. She was great, nothing out of the ordinary. After being hooked up to that for 45 mins they checked my blood pressure again, which was lower. Thank goodness. Then the doctor told me that he does not want me going back to work and that as soon as I hit my 37 week mark, he is inducing me. We were just about 36 weeks by this point. Chris was in shock. He was like, okay so we have like 2.5 weeks... the doctor was like no... you have ONE week! haha it took Chris a while to wrap his head around it all. So they sent us home and told me to relax and take it easy. He didn't put me on bed rest because he said sometimes when people just lay there all day their blood pressure can elevate even more. So I was told that I could still go out and do things, then come home and relax afterwards. So that is what I have been doing for the past week. Just kind of hanging out.

The day before this all happened we got maternity pictures done! They turned out so good. My friend Kelsey from work took them, it was so much fun!! Here are a couple of our favorites :)




I still cannot believe that we are going in to have our baby tomorrow! I have a doctors appointment today for them to check me again and to get everything together for me to go in tomorrow. My mom gets in late tonight, and then some more family will be here this weekend!! It is so crazy!

I am pretty sure we are ready though. She has more than enough clothes, blankets, diapers, etc. We got pretty spoiled at both of our baby showers! I am so thankful for our friends and family! They have truly blessed us!! We had my baby shower this past weekend and it was so much fun! One of the best parts was my best friend Ciera flying in from AZ to surprise me for my shower!!
It was so fun having her here and my family!! Here are some more pictures from this weekend! 

Ciera and me, I love her!! Her and Seth are moving here in the spring! I cannot wait :)

Some pictures from my shower! It turned out so good, big thanks to all those who helped plan it! (Steph and Shayla)

So last night we went on our last date night before the baby comes! It was a lot of fun. We just went out to dinner in Idaho Falls and enjoyed some Olive Garden, then we got ice cream with some of our best friends. I cannot believe that we are about to be parents! Chris is going to be such a good dad!

Well, our bags are packed and I am spending the rest of today cleaning my house and making sure everything is ready. I know I will not be able to sleep tonight! I am just so excited to meet her. This is super unreal to me, that I am going to be a mother. Timing has been perfect and we know that the Lord has blessed us so much. AHHHH!!!! I AM HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!!!!!

Well, until next time. I will be sure to post pictures of her sweet face as soon as we can! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment