Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's Been a While!!!

Well, it has almost been an entire year since I have last blogged! I'm a bit of a slacker!

Anyways, this year has been great. We are both super busy with school and work. I graduate next month!!!!! I cannot believe it! I am so ready to be done with school! :) Chris still has a while left, so we will be in Rexburg for a little longer.
Chris is still serving in the bishopric and he loves it. The calling is a year long, so he should be getting released next month. He will miss it, but I am just happy that I will be getting my husband back on Sundays! :)

I guess the biggest news as of recently is that... WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!
We are due December 4th, and could not be more excited.


Here is a picture from our first ultrasound, which is when we were 8 weeks pregnant.

We are now almost 15 weeks pregnant. We should be finding out what we are having within the next four weeks! I cannot wait. I have been dying to start baby shopping, but I've resisted until we find out what we are having. Everyone keeps asking what we are hoping for! Chris really wants a little girl. And I don't really care either way. However, we both kind of have a feeling that we are having a boy. Which would be awesome because having that older brother is fun to grow up with. Either way, we are just so excited to be starting our family, and we will be finding out soon enough :)

We bought these little gender neutral onesies a week or so after we found our we were pregnant :) 


Most of our close friends and family knew how baby hungry I had been. But what a lot of people didn't know is that we have been trying for this baby... for a while! A couple months after we got married, we had the desire to start a family. It wasn't some huge revelation, we had just decided to stop birth control and let whatever was going to happen, happen. Some people call it "not trying but not preventing.." We just kinda went on with life and waited for what may come. Several months later, we took a pregnancy test and it came back positive! We were shocked and so excited. But just a little under a week later, I started a "period." Which was obviously confusing since we just found out we were pregnant. After an urgent doctors visit, we learned that we had an early pregnancy miscarriage. We were devastated, and really confused. It was a painful experience (both physically and emotionally) to go through. We found comfort in knowing that God has a plan for our family, and our desires will come in His time, if we continue to live righteously.
So, we kept on trying. After a year of trying with no luck, I finally decided to see a doctor about it. They did several tests on both Chris and I, and later we learned that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome). PCOS is basically just a hormonal imbalance that creates cysts in the ovaries and makes it difficult to conceive. I was put on medication right away and was told that within a month or so my hormones would be better balanced and we should have no problem at all getting pregnant. Well, it took a few more months, and some mild fertility treatments before we finally received a positive pregnancy test! Before finding out we were pregnant, I was getting a little discouraged. But Chris and I decided to pray about it. I made it a point to pray every morning and every night. Each pray we asked Heavenly Father if we are ready to start a family, and if it is His will, that we would be blessed with a little baby. A month later, our prayers were answered.  At first, I was a little apprehensive to get too excited because of our previous miscarriage. We quickly went to the doctors to get blood tests and those tests confirmed that we were pregnant, and the increasing levels made us feel confident that everything was going smoothly. Since then, everything has been going great!!! :) This little baby is growing great and making my jeans feel like they are cutting into me!! haha

This is the picture we used to announce that we were pregnant :)

We got to hear the baby's heart beat at our last appointment (13 weeks) and everything sounded great. They were able to find the heart beat right away, and it was right in the range its supposed to be in! I was lucky to have little to no morning sickness throughout my first trimester. I would get nauseous here and there, but never too bad. My biggest pregnancy symptom has been exhaustion. I AM SO TIRED! all the time.

I thought it would be fun to do little pregnancy surveys to track our progress :)

How far along: 14.5 weeks

Weight gain: Last time I was in the doctors they said I have actually LOST 7 pounds since becoming pregnant. The baby is doing fine, so they aren't worried, they said it is most likely because of my change in appetite since becoming pregnant.

Sleep: Falling asleep is becoming uncomfortable. I am a tummy sleeper, and it is starting to get very uncomfortable. I try to sleep on my side with a pillow under my stomach, and that helps.

Best moments this week: Buying maternity clothes! The pants are amazing. My jeans were becoming uncomfortable, so my mom took me preggo shopping!

Miss anything: I miss being able to sleep on my stomach, and also having more energy throughout my day.

Movement: I haven't really felt any movement yet, but when we were listening to the heart beat, we kept hearing the baby move around. The other night I was laying on the bed kind of weird, all twisted around, and I kept feeling something push on my stomach or something. I would push, and stop, and push and stop until I moved and then I didn't feel anything anymore. It was a cool feeling, but not quite sure what it was lol

Food craving: POPSICLES. I was craving them for days, then I finally got a huge box of otter pops. Really anything cold sounds good to me. The thought of a warm meal sometimes makes me sick. I'd rather eat cold cereal, or just a lot of popsicles lol

Morning sickness: None. I got sick twice during pregnancy so far, but both were so random, I think I ate something bad because it didn't feel like morning sickness, more like food poisoning. I am just tired all the time.

Have you started to show yet: Eh, kinda. I feel like I can't suck my tummy in anymore, and its starting to poke out more. I think its more like my guts sticking out more since they are moving to make room for the baby.

Gender: Still unknown.

Labor Signs: No, thank goodness.

Belly button in or out: IN

Wedding ring on or off: On. It has actually felt a little more loose than usual lately.

Happy or moody: Chris says both. I definitely have my days where I am a brat, but I blame it on the exhaustion.

Looking forward to: Finding out what we are having!! Our appointment to find out is July 10th! Just a little over 4 more weeks :))

This experience so far has strengthened my testimony so much. I have an even greater testimony in prayer. Before praying for this baby, I had never really prayed so hard for anything. This was more of a continuous prayer, with pleading, and promising. I cannot express the love and gratitude I have towards our Lord and Savior.

Timing is everything, and I have so much comfort in knowing that this is the perfect time for our family to start. The Lord knew that I would have to be done with school before the baby was here, and that now we are a stronger couple than we were a year and a half ago.

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to the last few months!

Dakota Graduated!! :) He is preparing for his mission! I am so proud of him! And I also feel very old now! 

 Fun little trip to Salt Lake :)

Chris wanted to buy these little baby shoes so bad!! so cute!

 My early graduation gift! Chris bought me a new car! :) we LOVE it! I call it my "mom" car!
My beautiful niece, Avery Parker! :) I love her so much! Taylor is such a good mama!


I will definitely try harder to keep up on blogging! It's kind of fun to write down everything that we have been up too!
oh, and our anniversary is next week! TWO WHOLE YEARS! :)

Well until next time! :)

Morgan and Chris Pacis <3

No comments:

Post a Comment